Heavy Vehicle Training
At Smiths Training Services, we provide first class 4WD, heavy vehicle training and plant/machinery operations training anywhere in Australia, New Zealand and PAPUA NEW GUINEA.
All of our equipment and machinery licenses and courses are suitable for the mining, construction, transport and warehousing industries throughout Australia and the Pacific Region. From forklift training, dangerous goods licencing and handling training to B-Double and Road Train driver training, excavator training, roller and grader training and much more. Smiths Training Services also provide a written report for all equipment training and driver training assessments and evaluations. We even offer pre-employment heavy vehicle driving evaluations.
As a Certificate IV qualified heavy vehicle driver Trainer and Assessor, registered with Queensland Transport, we ensure that all training and assessments meet the standard requirements to reach a competent level, as required by State and Federal legislations. We also ensure that all our heavy vehicle driver training meets the Australian Driver Training Organisations (ADTO) code of conduct.
Affordable machinery and heavy vehicle training
Our heavy vehicle and machinery training prices are very competitive too, particularly for groups and organisations.
Based in Brisbane, Qld, Smiths Training Services is one of the preferred training providers to some of Queensland’s largest construction companies working in the civil and on APLNG projects. We have students that travel as far from Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Cairns to receive quality training and nationally recognised qualifications. We can even arrange to pick you up from Brisbane Airport (conditions apply). All machinery and vehicle training is on-site only. We have an air conditioned training room for classroom based training only.
On-Site Machinery Training & Courses
Our trainers are also available to travel anywhere globally. Locally, we have trainers traveling to the Beenleigh, Dalby, Chinchilla, Roma, Gladstone, Mackay, Townsville and Mt Isa areas and beyond to deliver training. This saves time off the job, saves on travel expenses and gives your staff practical work-specific experience on your equipment.
We regularly send training teams to Papua New Guinea to undertake all types of training courses including heavy vehicle training courses for trucks and mining equipment. Smiths Training Services overseas training services are supported by a registered training organisation, provider number 40521 whose details can be viewed through our RTO partners listing on this site.
Smiths Training Services choose to align with a number of RTO’s to enable us to deliver a wider range of training services. Click here to view our RTO partners
Training is vital for a successful workforce.
Heavy Vehicle and Machinery Training for the civil construction, gas, petroleum, manufacturing and transport industries.
Forklift – Dogging – Excavator – Scissor Lift – Roller – Skid Steer Loader – Front-end loader – Gantry Cranes -Grader – Backhoe – Elevated Work Platforms – Telescopic Handler – Excavator – Watercartage – Dozer – Haul Truck Training – Tractor – Scraper – Tip Truck
Dangerous Goods Licencing and Handling – SLP’s (Safe Load Program) – Heavy Vehicle Driver Training – 4WD Driving Training – Transport & Logistics – Fatigue Management – Chain of Responsibility – Load Restraint – Multi Combination Trucks (B’Doubles and Road Trains)
Confined Spaces – Working at Heights
Why dealing directly with Smiths Training Services is better than dealing with an RTO?
- Whilst the RTO is the one that issues the nationally recognised competencies, they still rely on trainer/assessor to deliver the training.
- The RTO is the admin component of training. The trainer/assessor is the person with the industry experience.
- Whenever you have questions about a course, the majority of the time the RTO cannot answer them and has to refer back to the trainer/assessor.
- The RTO will send whatever trainer/assessor they have available and at times one with little to no industry experience.
- Dealing directly with Smiths Training;
- We will deal with the right RTO for your nationally recognised qualifications.
- We are the trainer/assessors, the ones with the real industry experience.
- When you engage our services you know who your trainer is.
- The vast majority of times we can answer your questions without hesitation.
- We are a small family owned business, not a big corporate provider that possibly only treat you as a number.
- We never cancel our courses, once committed, the course goes ahead, regardless of numbers.
- Many RTO’s attempt to engage our services regularly to deliver training on their behalf.