Heavy Vehicle Training
At Smiths Training Services, we conduct first class 4WD, heavy vehicle training and plant/machinery operations training to anybody throughout Australia and the Pacific Region.
Smiths Training Services have real industry experience and will make you job ready. We will show you how to do a thorough vehicle check, couple and uncouple trailers, correct use of Road Ranger and Spicer gearboxes, defensive driving skills, reversing procedures for singles and doubles including around corners and much more.
All of our equipment and machinery courses are suitable for the mining, construction and warehouse industries throughout Australia, Papua New Guinea and the greater Pacific Region. We can deliver dangerous goods transport and handling training, load restraint training, fatigue management training, Chain of Responsibility training, multi-combination heavy vehicle training, forklift training to working at heights training, excavator training, roller and grader training. Smiths Training Services complete written reports for all equipment training and driver training, evaluations and assessments. We even offer pre-employment driving evaluations for heavy vehicles.
As a Certificate IV qualified heavy vehicle driver Trainer and Assessor, registered with Queensland Transport, we ensure that all assessments and training meet the standard requirements to reach a competent level, as required by State and Federal legislations. We also ensure that you are meeting the Australian Driver Training Organisations (ADTO) code of conduct.
On-Site Machinery Training & Courses
Our trainers are also available to travel overseas (please contact directly to arrange). Locally, we have trainers travelling to the Chinchilla and Surat Basin areas and all over Queensland and beyond to deliver training. This saves time off the job, saves on travel expenses and gives your staff practical work-specific experience on your equipment.
Smiths Training Services choose to align with a number of RTO’s to enable us to deliver a wider range of training services.
Why dealing directly with Smiths Training Services is better than dealing with an RTO?
- Whilst the RTO is the one that issues the nationally recognised competencies, they still rely on trainer/assessor to deliver the training.
- The RTO is the admin component of training. The trainer/assessor is the person with the industry experience.
- Whenever you have questions about a course, the majority of the time the RTO cannot answer them and has to refer back to the trainer/assessor.
- The RTO will send whatever trainer/assessor they have available and at times one with little to no industry experience.
Dealing directly with Smiths Training;
- We will deal with the right RTO for your nationally recognised qualifications.
- We are the trainer/assessors, the ones with the real industry experience.
- When you engage our services you know who your trainer is.
- The vast majority of times we can answer your questions without hesitation.
- We are a small family owned business, not a big corporate provider that possibly only treat you as a number.
- We never cancel our courses, once committed, the course goes ahead, regardless of numbers.
- Many RTO’s attempt to engage our services regularly to deliver training on their behalf.
For more information about our courses, trainers and tickets, Contact Us to make an appointment to talk to our awesome staff.