TLID2004 Load & Unload Goods/Cargo – TLIA1001 Secure Cargo
Smiths Training Services Load Restraint courses are conducted over 1 day and include a mix of classroom and practical demonstrations.
At the end of this course, participants are issued with a Statement of Attainment from one of our partner RTO’s.
Course participants become aware of their responsibilities in the safe and proper security of the loads that are carried on their vehicles.
The course is designed to give the participant the required knowledge regarding:
- Relevant Australian standards and regulations including state/ territory mass and loading regulations.
- Use of the NTC’s Load Restraint Guide.
- Australian and international regulations and codes of practice for the handling and transport of dangerous goods and hazardous substances.
- OH&S procedures and guidelines concerning the lifting and movement of loads
- Risks when loading and unloading goods/cargo and related precautions to control the risk
- Security awareness requirements when loading and unloading vehicles and in particular the recognition, isolation and reporting of suspicious cargo and goods.
- Workplace procedures and policies for the loading and unloading of goods/cargo.
- Housekeeping standards procedures required in the workplace.
- Methods of securing a load.
- Site layout and obstacles.
- Problems that may arise when loading and unloading goods and cargo and actions that should be taken to prevent or solve them.