Earthmoving machinery training — RII Qualifications
It is important, like with any heavy machinery or equipment, to be properly trained in its safe use.
Smiths Training Services offer quality RII Qualifications and assessments for most earthmoving machinery including:
TLILIC0002 Licence to Operate a Vehicle Loading Crane (greater than 10 metre tonne)
CPCCLDG3001 Licence to Perform Dogging Operations
RIICRC309E Conduct Stabiliser Operations
FWPCOT2236 Fall Trees Manually (basic)
FWPCOT2239 Trim and cut Felled Trees
CPCCDE3014A remove non-friable asbestos
We offer earthmoving machinery training throughout Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, the Gold coast plus Australia Wide and throughout the Pacific Region (upon application).
We are now delivering the latest RII Qualifications from the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. We are also delivering machinery training to some of the large civil construction companies around the country.
We can deliver training on your site or you can come to us and use our machines.
We can also assist eligible trainees with some of the rebates that are currently on offer.
Course Durations & Topics
Earthmoving licences are designed for students that are new entrants to the construction industry and those who have operated an earthmoving machinery under supervision on worksites and require licensing. Earthmoving operations require licensing and training. Our courses cover all the Workplace Health and Safety, Codes of Practice, safe operating procedures, electrical safety, hazard identification, start-up and shut down procedures, and much more. This course provides a pathway to obtaining an Earthmoving licence. Students must meet the following criteria in order to obtain an Earthmoving Operators licence:
- Participation in course theory and practical demonstration.
- Theory component will include completion of exam, discussions, questioning and watching a series of safety and instructional DVD’s.
- Observation will include operation of the relevant earthmoving machinery, in a variety of settings.
- Training and theory can be delivered off-the-job at our training centre, or on-site at your premises.
- Training delivery combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes and practical sessions.
- Trainees are provided with all the relevant training material that covers all parts of the course.
Don’t forget we can travel anywhere within Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific region.
RII Qualifications Discounts
Discounts are also available when booking 2 or more machine licenses or for group bookings. We also offer 1-dayrefresher courses that cover most of the formal training element as well as focusing on the safe operation of the relevant machine. Discounts also apply to numbers exceeding 5 or more students.